This section provides some representative examples regarding special IPR cases.
Supporting services for IPR in foreign countries
Several EC websites provide free support for protecting inventions in specific cases and geographical zones:
- European IPR Helpdesk is a free EC service for protecting inventions originated from funded RTD projects.
- China IPR Helpdesk is a free EC service for managing IPR in China.
- Mercosur IPR Helpdesk provides free support for managing IPR in Latin America (Mercosur).
- Asian IPR Helpdesk is focused on managing IPR in South East Asia.
Sectorial Intellectual Property Guides
- Innovaccess tool Intellectual Property, a business tool for SMEs provides information about IPR for four sectors where competition is fierce: Clothing, Leather, Footwear and Furniture.
- The China IPR Helpdesk offers additional sectorial guides for IPR in China, regarding several sectors: Textile, Ceramics, Automotive, Cleantech, Creative and Medical devices.
- The European Commission pays special attention to IPR issues regarding Biotechnological Inventions and Computer-implemented inventions.
- OECD offers a database of the number of patents, including the environmental sector. Data is available until 2011.
- The report “How Crisis-resistant and competitive are Europe's Eco-Industries?” from the Ecologic Institute, analyses the competitiveness of European eco-innovation companies by studying generated patents.